Thursday, December 24, 2009

Advent of Christ, Christmas, Daily Life


Christmas Eve 2009

Food shopping done. House cleaned. Bread baking, cookies in the oven. My husband and I are off to the Morse Gallery for an hour or so to relax. Pizza dinner tonight and then church with the family. We always drive around afterwards and look at Christmas decorations and lights...maybe even take a walk on Park Avenue.

Christmas morning we get up around 9 a.m. and open stockings as a family before anyone else arrives. Breakfast is fresh baked cinnamon rolls, bacon and orange juice. Grandmother is coming later in the morning to open gifts and have midday dinner. Usually we have ham but since we've had it 2x lately (progressive dinner and another party) my husband grilled steaks today for tomorrow. :) In the afternoon we'll all head out for a late movie. Boxing Day party on Saturday with some old friends. My husband has all next week off from work and my sons are both on school break.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birth of Jesus this weekend. May God bless and keep you in 2010. Merry Christmas!

I'm off the blog until Monday!

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...