Saturday, December 12, 2009

Advent of Christ, Christmas Devotional, Daily Life

26 Days of Advent continues:

Letter M--the Lord is:

Advent Devotional

God had promised Jesus to Abraham and to David. Now John, the prophet who would go before Jesus, was born. The way was being prepared for God's Son as it was prepared for kings of old. Praise God for His goodness.

It is easy to overlook preparing yourself for the commemoration of the coming of Christ when so many other things are demanding your attention. However, preparing ourselves is important for keeping proper perspective on this time of year. Try not to get caught in the trappings of Christmas, but pace yourself and leave plenty of time for rest and reflection on the true meaning of Christmas--Emmanuel--God with us.
  1. What are you doing to prepare yourself spiritually for Christmas? [Writing this blog helps keep me focused.]
  2. How about physically taking care of yourself by eating the right food, getting enough sleep, etc.? [If I eat too much or the wrong things, I try to adjust for it on the next day or next meal. Getting 7+ hours of sleep a night and continuing walking in the mornings.]
  3. How are you emotionally coping with the crowds on the streets, in the stores and malls? [Online shopping helps, having a list and sticking to it, just shopping for no more than an hour or two at a time, then coming home, sticking to our budget.]
  4. How do you think Mary coped with all that was happening in her life? How might you have acted if you were her or even Joseph? [I hope my faith would have stayed strong, but I am amazed at her maturity in Spirit for being so young.]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Life
Today I am preparing our home for the second stop in a progressive dinner party for the young adult singles of our church. I am looking forward to a fun, elegant evening.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...