Friday, December 18, 2009

Advent of Christ, Christmas Devotional, Daily Life


26 Days of Advent continues:

Letter R--the Lord is:
Advent Devotional:

Anna, a prophetess of old (there are only a handful referred to in the Bible), thanked God for Jesus Who is God's Christmas gift to the world. Anna is only mentioned once in the entire Bible. How reassuring that the Lord recognizes and remembers those who are faithful to Him no matter what their age. The record of her faithfulness endures forever in His Word.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DAILY LIFE
Today I'll bake another loaf of bread for our neighbors and some friends. Since last Monday or so, I've been making one loaf a day to give as a gift. The smell from the kitchen alone is worth it!

There is always something fun to do each day over the holidays. I will be working on our Christmas cards today but I am only mailing them to our extended family and a few close friends. I discovered a neat way to send photos and Christmas greetings via email at Smilebox. I have to say it is one of the cutest ways I've seen to send personal greetings of any type. You can design slideshows, Ecards, scrapbooks, photo albums and collages. And it's VERY simple to use. I received a few of these myself and decided to take a stab at it. Give it a try. I think you'll be pleased. It sure saves on the cost of postage!
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! I have never heard of that but am looking forward to trying it out!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...