Saturday, December 19, 2009

Advent of Christ, Christmas Devotional, Daily Life

26 Days of Advent continues:

Letter S--the Lord is:

Advent Devotional

This is one of my favorite psalms from the Bible. I discussed in a previous article how my high school concert choir director gave us a musical piece with these lyrics that we sang over and over again for a state competition (and won). I was not a Christian at the time but even today, I could sing that piece and not miss a beat or a word. Little did I realize that I was memorizing scripture. The psalmist asks,What is man, that Thou art mindful of him? But God does think of us...each of us individually. That the Creator of the universe even has one thought of us is mind-boggling but I am so glad that He does. The comfort and love from the Most High God...who loves me as His child. I'll sleep well tonight just knowing that.

Questions to Ponder this Week:
  1. What would it have been like to be a shepherd in the field that night when the angels came?
  2. If the angels would have come to your place of work or school, what would have the response been? Similar to that of the shepherds?
  3. What might have been going through Simeon's mind and heart, and Anna's, as they experienced the Christ child?
  4. As you think of all Jesus has done for us, can you relate to David's excitement about God in Psalm 8?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DAILY LIFE
This afternoon and evening we attended an open house at the home of some dear friends as well as a White Elephant gift exchange for my son's youth group. Both were totally different settings and atmospheres with an older age group at one and a very young group at the other. I am so thankful that we are in a variety of circles of friends and that the love and care we experience with each is so warm and welcoming.

Not sure if I'll post on Sunday since we have church and then will be gone the rest of the day. Have a wonderful Sunday with worship, family and friends.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...