Monday, December 14, 2009

Advent of Christ, Christmas Devotional, Daily Life


Letter N--the Lord is:

Letter O--the Lord is:
Advent Devotional
This begins the third week of Advent and we light the third candle which reminds us of the angels and the joyful announcement they made, the most joyful ever made. Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace, goodwill toward men.

Memory Verse for this week:

Hymns for the Week:
  • It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
  • Hark! the Herald Angels Sing
SUNDAY

Although true peace will not come until the Lord returns, as much as it depends on you through your own relationships and by praying for others, we can experience a time of peace during our season on the earth. We look forward to the day when the lion will truly lie down with the lamb.
MONDAY

This passage has several of the most familiar names of Jesus--wonderful, Counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of peace. What an appropriate way to start any prayer of your heart--by praising God for Who He is, not just for what He does for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DAILY LIFE
On Sunday morning I had the wonderful pleasure of playing the piano at our former church in Orlando. The pastor there baptized me when I was in my 20s and married my husband and I when I was in my 30s. He and his wife are long-time special friends. They have been without a regular pianist for many, many years and had been having difficulty singing Christmas carols since most are written for a piano or keyboard. Except for the sermon, I played for most of the service including communion. I could hear and see the Lord moving among the entire congregation which was so full of joy when the service was over. It was my delight to give the gift of music to them and a blessing to me to worship through playing the piano as well.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...