Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Advent of Christ, Christmas Devotional, Daily Life

26 Days of Advent continues:

Letter I--the Lord is...

Advent Devotional

Elizabeth told Mary that God had blessed her. God has blessed all people through Jesus' birth as the angel Gabriel once said. His birth and the gift of salvation is the greatest gift any of us will ever receive, but we do have to open our hearts to accept it. Thank God for His goodness and open your eyes to see His blessings today--big and small.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Life

It is one of my great pleasures to play the piano for others. Last night I had a rehearsal with some old friends who attend a church where we once were. They have not had a regular pianist in many years, so my Christmas gift to them this year is to play for their service this coming Sunday. Usually each year I find somewhere else to play piano free of charge--a nursing home, an office... It is always so appreciated and it blesses me as much as those listening.

While Christmas shopping yesterday I bought a few things to donate to a children's gift drive at my husband's office. I was thinking how much my own children and my niece and nephews will be receiving in a few weeks and how little others will get. These children depend on the generosity of others.

Look around you today. How can you use your gift(s), talents and money to give to someone you don't normally give to this Christmas--someone from whom you will probably receive nothing tangible in return?

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...