Friday, September 10, 2010

Coupons They're Not Just for Groceries Anymore / Christmas Shopping

Coupons are everywhere these days.  I find them in the newspapers --daily and Sunday--in the mailbox, in products I purchase.  We are all familiar with grocery coupons which I also use regularly combined with sale items to get the best value, but did you know that you can do the same with other consumer products?

I try to keep a lookout for coupons for places that I prefer to shop at but also look for those that offer freebies or  substantial discounts.  Believe it or not, Christmas will be here before we know it and in between, for us at least, are three family birthdays.  

My Labor Day blog post had some good Stein Mart coupons that had been in the paper on Saturday as well as  online.  Well, here's what I bought for less than $40.00:
  • A twin bed eyelet sheet set (Ebay, for us, or gift)
  • 2 soap / lotion display sets (2 gifts)
  • one beautiful scarf (for me)
  • 2 sleeveless tops (for me for the holidays)






At full price, the sheets would have cost about that.  I posted them on Ebay although if no one buys them I'll use them for our guest room.

I try my best to shop at places where coupons are offered. Each year we  purchase an Entertainment Club book.  Priced at about $30  or less, using just 2-3 of the coupons more than recoups the money spent for one and the coupons are good at a variety of places in our surrounding area. I've posted several blogs on this subject, so check them out.

Today I'll be getting a haircut at SuperCuts which is about 5 minutes from my house.  I found out last year that their policy is to accept competitor coupons so I'll be using the coupon below.  There were several coupons for $6.99 haircuts at Great Clips in the Sunday  newspaper a few weeks ago. Since my neighbor gives me her coupons, I have eight (8) of these.  They expire on September 17.   If anyone from OGC (or if you live near me)  would like me to bring you one on Sunday, just let me know.


 Here's what my $6.99 haircut looks like. 
(Keep in mind that  it's about 90 degrees outside!)


These days due to inflation and taxes:  A penny saved is MORE THAN a penny earned.




3 comments:

Patty said...

A penny saved is two pennies earned because you don't pay taxes on it - and today, maybe three pennies earned due to inflation!

Unknown said...

I love how you're wearing your hair these days!
Can't beat that haircut price!

Mrs. T. said...

Thanks, Jessie. Coming from someone as stylish as you, that means a lot. :) :) :)

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...