Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A New Day / Back to Work

Mary Engelbreit,  as  I have mentioned before, is one of my favorite artists.  Her colorful artwork always makes me smile--cards, calendars, post-it notes, stationery, home decor items.  I have several of her pieces  scattered and there about our home for a touch of whimsy--a good contrast for someone like me who is pretty much "in the box" a good part of the time..  A friend who knows how much I enjoy her even gave me a framed and numbered piece of her artwork with my favorite word on it.  What a lovely surprise!

One of my treasured items is a set of miniature painted teapots that I keep on my kitchen windowsill and look at every day. Even though they've  got some war wounds (someone dropped them) they are so special to me because they were the first present  that one of my sons picked out and bought for me with his own money when he was very young, about 7 or 8 years of age. :)


I have a yearly calendar with one piece of her art  per page which I occasionally post on this blog and I love receiving books, cards, letters and emails with her fun illustrations and wise (generally) sayings.  Here's one I thought you might like for today--the day after Labor Day and the "start" of a new work week...It's sometimes difficult for us to go back to the normal routine after a three- or four-day weekend, myself included.


As always though, scripture says it even better...


Psalm 118:24 
This is the day which the LORD has made; 
Let us rejoice and be glad in it


 Have a great day.





2 comments:

Susan said...

Tanya, I have a coffee table size ME book that you can borrow :)

Mrs. T. said...

Thanks for offering. :) Which Susan is this?

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...