Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sorting Coupons / Couponizer

I recently saw a Couponizer for the first time.  A friend had it in her purse.  After seeing it "in person"    I knew it would be the perfect gift for someone who loves organization (like me).    I like the size, the colorful-ness of it and all of its features.


I heard about the Couponizer initially on Crown Ministries' Money Matters  radio broadcast which I listen to regularly.   They're quite handy in taking your coupons to the store.  Not just grocery coupons. There are sections for customer cards, and other types of coupons like Bed, Bath & Beyond, restaurants, etc.

I'm a clipper of coupons rather than one who uses the binder method.  Here is my 3" x 5" index card file which separates coupons into about 30 categories.  I usually take this to the grocery store along with an envelope into which I've pulled out the coupons I expect to use.   It snaps closed and fits neatly into the front part of the shopping cart.


I heard that the Couponizer comes with a sorting mat and I thought that was a GREAT idea so I made my own.


After clipping coupons, I sort them in the various categories which match my index card file.  After I sort them, it makes filing them a breeze and a real timesaver.


If you're serious about couponing, you have to be organized in whatever way works best for you.  For me, files, grids, charts and lots of COLOR help me to stay organized and enjoy it.  I'd still love to have a Couponizer but for now, I'll make do with this method.  What's your favorite way of staying organized?

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...