Saturday, July 25, 2009

FUN: Saturday fun


There is an appointed time for everything.

And there is a time for every event under heaven—

Ecclesiastes 3: 1


Saturdays are often for fun at our house. Sometimes fun just happens; other times it's more planned. I'm a firm believer in putting a spoonful of sugar in just about everything so that it's more enjoyable to do. And no, I'm not practically perfect in every way. :) My husband and I enjoy yard sale-ing together on Saturday mornings. Sometimes we go out for breakfast and/or coffee; other times like today, we just bring our own. I scan the online newspaper for sales and we head out, usually not far from home, for "the hunt". We look for eBay treasures to resell and sometimes things for us to use as well. We found both this morning--a nice piece of Disney artwork for Bob's office at work ($15.00) and 7 items to resell ($9.59).  The things we bought are in the photo above.   We both love a good bargain, going for a car ride, talking to new people we meet while we're out and just having a weekend jaunt. Being outside in nice weather and getting fresh air is always a plus, too. Today we ran into one of his old childhood friends and had a pleasant visit with him. We had to pick up our younger son from a sleepover and stayed awhile to chat with the family there. Tonight we're having dinner with friends from church which is always fun --talking and eating are always a winning combination. Right now, I'm off to bake brownies for the boys and a cake for a luncheon on Sunday afternoon. I guess I'll literally be putting a spoonful of sugar in this afternoon. :)  Go, have a little fun somewhere yourself today.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...