Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FAITH: Letting Your Children Grow Up


Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God,
that He may exalt you at the proper time,
casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
I Peter 5: 5-6

Today was a big day at our house. Our older son announced that he will probably be moving out this weekend to share a house with some other guys at his college. He attends a local state university so it's not like he's moving to Ohio, but a big change for us. Nor was it a huge surprise... I have told him all along that in his junior or senior year it would be good for him to do this before he's on his own after college. He and I have been counting the costs for a week or so now. I helped him with his budget, set him up with Quicken Online to keep track of expenses, even got boxes at Sam's today for him to start packing. The Lord has been preparing me for this day by having him be accepted for a 5-week mission /arts trip with Campus Crusade over the summer. Still, it's a bit of an adjustment (plus I'll miss out daily talks together) and trust in the Lord that we have prepared him well and that the Lord loves him even more than I do. :) That in itself, is a huge comfort. Plus, he'll be back next Friday night for dinner (if not before) when his cousin's wife and kids from St. Louis come to visit us. :) :) :) Baby steps...(for me).




No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...