Sunday, July 19, 2009

FAITH: Hearts of Wisdom


She opens her mouth in wisdom,

And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

Proverbs 31: 26


Everyone needs wisdom and sometimes moms at home need an extra helping. So many questions can run through a mom's head in any given day...

  • How do I manage my time?
  • How do I discipline each child (usually differently depending on their temperaments)?
  • How can I be a good steward of our finances?
  • What do I cook tonight that's healthy and that everyone will enjoy?
  • How can I encourage my husband and children?
  • How can I be a good influence on my neighbor?

Thankfully, we don't have to fret over the answers. I find that after I have spent some time reading and studying the Word of God with prayer, no matter how busy I know my day will be, the answer presents itself. From something as simple as how much to spend for groceries to major decisions like which insurance company to use, the Lord is faithful to direct me if I seek Him first and ask for guidance. It's encouraging to me to see Him faithful and always ready to answer when called upon in the myriad of everyday choices at home. When the checkbook balance is getting low and I find exactly what we need within the budget range, I can almost hear Him remind me of His provision for the birds of the air (Matthew 6:26) and how much more He cares for me.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...