Saturday, July 18, 2009

FINANCES: Why eBay?





Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men.
Colossians 3:23
We are definitely a Mac (Macintosh) family. It's the only type of computer everyone uses although we did have a brief spell with a PC for a few months that was gifted to us. When we bought our first one several years ago, while my husband would be at work, it used to sit all day with only some word processing and photos on it. As much as computers cost that was driving me crazy so I started thinking about how I could use it to make money. I decided to learn how to sell on eBay and Amazon.com as well. The summer I turned 50 I read several library books about the subject (I'm a big reader) and practiced with things we had around the house that we weren't using or didn't need anymore. In 2008 I opened an eBay store and it's been going pretty well ever since. An hour or two a day, several times a week keeps it running. It's fun to wake up in the morning and see I made a few sales overnight while I was sleeping. I sometimes teach others how easy it is but there's definitely a learning curve. Everyone has to have their own system and strategy. I am thankful to have this source of income that we generally use for family activities (eating out, movies), birthday, graduation and wedding gifts, mission trip donations, etc. Plus, combined with teaching piano, it's a great tax write-off for much of our housing expenses. Try it, you'll really enjoy it.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...