Monday, July 27, 2009

FAMILY & FRIENDS: Reunions

I thank my God in all my remembrance of you,
always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all,
in view of your participation in the gospel
from the first day until now.
Philippians 1: 3-5

I love keeping up with people and reuniting with old friends and extended family. Some people change much and others seem to stay the same. This morning I attended a brunch reunion of friends from 30+ years ago. These were women whom I knew when we were mostly in our 20s and early 30s. Some mentored me when I was younger; others we had shared many life experiences with; still others, our children have come to know each other in college or elsewhere. In our church we have quite a number of women in the younger age category--some are beginning to move away to other parts of the country with their husbands and others are just in changing seasons of life. which is making many of them quite sad. I'd like to encourage them and you, that many of these friendships you have had while in your young adult years will carry over into your older adult years as these have. Good-bye, is not forever most of the time especially in these days of Facebook, internet and air travel. All of us at the reunion today were bonded together through our relationships with Christ, so these are actually eternal. Be encouraged if yours are as well. :)

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...