Friday, June 1, 2012

Graduation Party Food Ideas

Some of my friends are SO creative with their graduation parties, making cake pops (they ARE delicious) and little caps from chocolates (they were delicious, too).  We gave a party for about 50 a few weeks ago to celebrate our younger son's graduation from high school.    Here are the tables of food that I prepared.  The baking took some time but I mainly set aside one afternoon for the cookies (and froze them) and baked the cake the day before the party.



Non-sweet food:
  • Pizza rolls (2 platters)
  • Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets Tray
  • Fresh sliced watermelon
  • Sour cream & onion Chips
  • Hummus + carrots, crackers and celery

Sweet food:
  • Homemade frosted Strawberry cake
  • Homemade chocolate chip cookies (I baked about 100)
  • M & M's
  • Gummy Bears (I was amazed that only 2 gummies were left in the dish. Definitely a hit!)
Beverages:
  • Pink lemonade
  • Root beer
  • Iced tea
  • Water
Even though we splurged on his graduation gift, we wanted the party to be decorative and fun.   Much of the food was homemade, some foods were bought earlier in the month when they were on sale as were the party paper products [Old Time Pottery and Party City].  I got a little nervous about the quantity of food since the invitation said 2:30-4:30 pm and guests were still there at 6:10 pm.  Like the multiplying of the  loaves and fishes, there was plenty with even some leftovers!  Guests spread through the kitchen / family room, dining room and living room and it never felt too crowded.   A fun time was had by all.

For my FB friends, you can see more photos of the party in my April-June photo album. 

You don't have to break your budget to celebrate... just do it! and have fun!  :)

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...