Friday, June 29, 2012

Childhood Musings : The Waltons

Old friends seem to pop up more often lately.  Some on  Facebook, some in the grocery store, some just from finding a photo that I had forgotten I'd kept.  Others show up in the realm of the arts.   The old TV series The Waltons is one of those "old friends" for me.  This program came out when I was a senior in high school and didn't have time for such "homey" things.  It  ran for 9 seasons so you'd think I'd have seen at least a dozen or so episodes during those years.  Honestly, during and after college, first job, etc.,  I don't remember seeing this program much at all.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/TheWaltons?from=Main.TheWaltons

When I want to settle down and relax with a TV program these days, I find myself recording an episode or two of these old family-friendly shows and watching them.  Each one makes me smile and usually sigh.  Check out these oldies but definitely goodies online, or on the GMC   (a relatively new channel for us) or Hallmark  channel .  Relax, have a cup of coffee and enjoy the good old days for an hour or so.  :)

I stumbled across a book at the library titled Good Night John-Boy which I have on my shelf at the moment of all of the episodes.  A fun read...


2 comments:

Virginia Knowles said...

My kids have recently discovered The Waltons on INSP, where it plays every evening. It does bring back memories for me, since I watched it regularly in my teen years. Always great family values!

Mrs. T. said...

My favorite episodes are the earlier ones before John-Boy went to NYC.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...