Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Keeping Your Produce Fresh with Microfiber Cloths

One of my friends (thanks, Patty) told me this great tip for keeping produce fresh--keep a microfiber cloth in the container or wrap the produce in it.  I purchase these large boxes of mixed greens from Sam's Club regularly.  I was finding that it would often spoil before it was sometimes only half finished.

You put a microfiber cloth on top of the greens and then flip the box over so that the vegetables are not touching the plastic box on all sides where it can't "breathe".  

Using Microfiber Cloths

Microfiber Cloths
Microfiber Cloths
I was amazed at how long the greens stayed fresh without any excess water to spoil them.   These strawberries lasted more than one week.    Try it and make your produce last longer.  :)

Sam's Club Mixed Greens

I was in Sam's Club last weekend and bought a package of 24 microfiber cloths for less than $10.00. They are so useful around the house as a previous post explains.


No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...