Friday, February 11, 2011

What's For Breakfast? Morning Meal Food Ideas

What do you generally eat for breakfast at your house? or do you just skip it?  Since I have two sons I have generally made breakfast in the mornings for them.  My husband used to like this but now, since he's lost weight, he only wants shredded wheat with nuts and fruit Monday through Friday.  This makes it easy for me as far as he's concerned.   I just need to make sure the pantry is always stocked with shredded wheat.   I buy several boxes of it when it's on sale ($2.00 or less). Have you noticed the price of cereal lately?!

My older son is at college, so  unless he's spent the night here at home, he makes his own breakfast. My younger son only wants breakfast 2-3 days during the school week but always on mornings when he has tests.  (Trying to get him to eat EVERY morning...).  Here are breakfast foods that he can choose from  that I could make at any time (* are his faves):

  • Cereal with fruit and nuts
  • Oatmeal
  • Scrambled eggs and  cheese*
  • Breakfast  sandwich (eggs, bacon, cheese on an English muffin)*
  • Breakfast burrito (just like the sandwich but on a tortilla)
  • Bacon 
  • Fruit--apples, blueberries, cantaloupe, bananas
  • Fresh fruit smoothie
  • Hash browns*  
  • French toast
  • Pancakes* or waffles
  • Blueberry muffins
  • Cinnamon rolls
  • Yogurt
There's actually quite a large selection just with what I keep on hand or in the pantry or freezer.   I've never made an actual list of what I have here to eat for breakfast...there's more than I thought.  Feeding a family doesn't have to be hard and for me, it helps to be somewhat organized about it. 

What's my favorite?  Plain Cheerios (NOT a store brand) with fruit and nuts.  :)  What's yours?

1 comment:

Linda said...

I would have to say my all time favorite is Monkey Bread and a nice hot cup of flavored coffee with flavored creamer, but that would be way too fattening every day...so it is saved for special occasions. On a daily basis I like to mix it up, but Yoplait Triple Berry Smoothie pouches with a fresh banana added along with greek yogurt for more protein have become one of our favorites! Good for you, not too fattening and just like a milk shake...dessert for breakfast! What could be better?

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...