Saturday, February 12, 2011

Max Lucado / Grace for the Moment

Still journaling...sometimes I skip a day or two and then go back and write a couple of days' worth in my  Grace for the Moment Journal.  Max Lucado has so many excerpts from various books he has written.  I don't know if I could ever write a book but a paragraph every day (or almost) has been good for me.  Today I read:
Jesus was so focused on His task that He knew when to say "It is finished".  [John 19:30] But He was not so focused on His goal that He was unpleasant...He could find beauty in lilies, joy in worship and possibilities in problems.  [Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado]
Wow!  I want to be like that.  I lean toward the Type A personality, organized, analytical and focused.  As I have gotten older, I  break big projects down into small bites so I don't get overwhelmed rather than just working until it is finished all at one time though.  Even so, I can get irritable when interrupted by daily annoyances which more often than not are the people I live with whom I should love SO much more than my projects or tasks.  This thought about finding beauty, joy and possibilities in my daily life of a mom at home is one I'll remember and hopefuly live out.  I'm sure there's a rose in my path today.  Thanks, Max.  I needed that today.


No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...