Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What's Posted On Your Refrigerator Door?

Only one magnetic side of our refrigerator faces out.  The front is black plastic or some other material which is fine with me so it doesn't look cluttered.  Even so, I have a few special things on my frig just like most people do.

While I was posting my menus on the refrigerator (the dry erase board is just to the left of these photos), I noticed the calming Bible verses I had there as well as some sweet photos of our two sons when they were little.  They are now 21 and 16 but I still love having these "younger days" photos in my kitchen. :)  A friend of mine does calligraphy and made the scripture notes for me.  When I'm having a frazzled day, God's Word is literally right in front of me.


The verses posted are:

John 14:27
“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

Psalm 27: 14
Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD. 

Hebrews 6:10
For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love which you have shown toward His name, in having ministered and in still ministering to the saints. 

2Chronicles 20:15-17
...Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out to face them, for the LORD is with you.” 



I also have this little prayer on my frig which I have kept since this photo of my older son was taken when he was about three years old.  

O, give me patience when tiny hands 
Tug at me with their small demands
Give me gentle and smiling eyes 
Keep my lips from sharp replies
And let not fatigue, confusion or noise
Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys
So when years later my house is still
No bitter memories its rooms may fill.

I don't know who wrote this, but I still pray this prayer, especially as I am in the last few years of my children being at home most of the time.  Older children  remember more than the very young ones do and I want my children's memories of me to be good ones, even into their adult lives.

What is on your refrigerator door?

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...