Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Photography: Watch my Red Amaryllis Bloom

I bought an Amaryllis in a pot from Lowe's the week before  Thanksgiving and planted it that week.  I captured the growth of it as it started to bud and bloom.   A beautiful red color in the shape of trumpets to announce the celebration of Jesus' birth. [Its original meaning began in Greek mythology but I like  my symbolism  better.]   





I was so hoping to see it burst into full bloom and stayed up late one night since it was almost time.  The next morning the first flowers had completely formed.




I thought it had two blossoms but turns out, there are four!


If I had waited another week or so to plant it, it probably would have bloomed at Christmas.  The blossoms are starting to fade today.   But, oh, how we have enjoyed having it on our kitchen table.  Just watching it grow makes you smile.  I may run out and get another one before Christmas!  :)

Luke 12:27 
“Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 
but I tell you, not even aSolomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these."


No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...