Friday, December 31, 2010

Holiday Christmas Memories Memory Photo Album

Over the Christmas holidays I noticed our older son reading through a family memory album that we have had since 1995.   He'd smile and laugh and ask  questions or read comments every now and then that were in the album.  He was six years old when we received it as a gift from a neighbor. At the time I thought it was an unusual gift but each year I have added notes, our annual Christmas photo and Christmas letter to it.  I had not sat down and actually read through it myself in several years.   

If you don't write annual Christmas letters, you might try something different, like a drawing or a photo montage.  My sister-in-law writes poems each year.  One day I may try that.   I personally like letters because they are fairly easy to write and  I include them with our Christmas cards and/or emails to friends over the holidays.  I look through my calendar and make a few notes of the important events that occurred throughout the year.   Everyone loves a family photo. Sometimes we are scrambling the week before Christmas to get one taken but we always do so.    My personal pet peeve is receiving a card with just children in it.  I much prefer to see the entire family in a holiday photo.   Anyway, it's such a sweet trip down memory lane for you and your children to review the letters and photos every so often to see what's happened, remember good times and bad, see how much they have grown and changed through the years...  

Here is our album and some of the things in it.  I have saved some of our children's Christmas artwork as well...




 One of my first attempts at "publishing" a newsletter.



Enter a computer and word processing and holiday stationery...


The discovery of Sam's Club photo cards and new stationery...
I think my writing has improved, too. :)




Memories are kept in our hearts but oh, how wonderful to see them and hold them as well...  :)

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...