Monday, February 22, 2010

My eBay Store / Ebay Fee Structure Changes

This week begins a lot of work for me.  I have had an Ebay store for almost two years and have really enjoyed the thrill of the hunt, managing my store and having sales.  It's been a nice extra income for our family as well and so convenient to work from home in my spare time.  Ebay recently announced that it is  changing its fee structure beginning March 30 and I was debating what to do with my store.  I was a one-time PowerSeller and could turn it into a full-time business but my home schedule will not allow it at this time. 

I have to say that I was quite disappointed with Ebay for the drastic changes that will affect primarily the smaller store sellers like me.  I usually keep about 200 items in my store at any one time, but Ebay seems more interested in maintaining its mega-stores instead of the smaller ones.   Nevertheless,  I am going to give it a try for three months to see if I can keep it profitable. The primary bonus factor in the new eBay changes is the better exposure when someone searches for an item to purchase.  That alone, could increase my sales quite a bit.  We'll see. 

Beginning this week, I will start weeding out inventory and hopefully, list some new items as well.  In tomorrow's blog, I will begin teaching and showing you how to list items on eBay in a step-by-step process.  Come along for the ride and see if you can at least get rid of a few items around the house that you no longer need! 

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...