Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Warning: Eye Lash Curlers and Refills

I remember the first time I used an eyelash curler.  I was probably in junior high and attempting to be beautiful by wearing makeup.   I pinched my eyelid with the metal gadget.  Ouch!  Occasionally I do that even now but as a makeup essential (at least for someone with fairly straight eyelashes) it is an eye opener, literally.  Many women use these as I do in their regular makeup / beauty routine.  Using one early in the morning in getting ready for work, it's amazing there aren't more emergency room visits of women putting their eye out.


Anyway, a week or so ago, my eyelash curler needed a new refill--those little rubber pieces that fit in between the metal.   The metal tool lasts forever but the rubber refills wear out.  I was in a hurry and ran into the closest Walgreens to get some.  I had a Cover Girl eye lash curler.  The refills I purchased were Maybelline. They're all the same, right?  WRONG!!  I put them in the  CG curler and used it--twice--once on each eye, and succeeded in breaking off a few eyelashes on EACH eye.    Unbelievable!
A few days later I was in a different Walgreens and bought a Maybelline curler which must be slightly different from the Cover Girl curler.  Now it works perfectly.  A quick scan of the cosmetic walls and I noticed that the CG curler is going to be a discontinued item.   I wonder if others have done the same thing...  So, be warned.  Use the refills for the specific brand of curler that you have. That is, unless you're going for the uneven eyelash look...  :)


If there are any men reading this, you're probably scratching your head and wondering why in the world anyone would use something that looks like it's an instrument of torture in the first place.  One of those Mars/Venus mysteries.   :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps I'm the exception, but I'm terrified of eyelash curlers! I won't put one near my eyes!

Mrs. T. said...

Jessie, your eyes and lashes are beautiful naturally!! :)

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...