Thursday, May 26, 2011

Homeschool Field Trips From Your Home : Art Museums Around the World

I have really got to sit down this summer and learn about all the new things Google is doing and has available.  I keep hearing about Google docs, Google earth, Google photos... they have it all covered.  You can check out the  many options available to you at THIS LINK.  I think the only one I have used is Google maps which shows our home almost TOO close for comfort. :)



Anyway, last weekend my husband and I had breakfast with a dear friend who told us about the Google Art Project.  Thanks, Dave.    This is a wonderful site to virtually visit art museums around the world.  It is especially nice because in many of them (some I have been to myself), photos are not allowed.  So sit back, grab a cup of coffee (also not generally  allowed in museums) and enjoy.  Go to THIS LINK to start your visit and have fun.



Some of the museums you can "tour" are:
  • State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg
  • Feer Gallery of Art, Washington, C
  • Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • Museo Reina Sofia, Madrid, Spain
  • State Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow, Russia
  • Museum Kampa, Prague
The list goes on...

This is an excellent resource for homeschoolers as well as the public or private school classroom.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...