Thursday, May 5, 2011

Titus 2 Moms / Older Women Younger Women Older Women? / Elisabeth Elliot

I attended our Titus 2 Moms group last night and looking around the room I realized (not for the first time) that there were only 2 women over 60, 3 in their 50s and about 15 aged 30 or younger.  I love being one of the "older moms" these days but sometimes we older ones need women even older than we are to talk to and learn from.  One of my favorites is Elisabeth Elliot to whom I was introduced (literally) when I was in my 20s.  A dear friend invited me to  a relatively small luncheon of about 100 women to hear her speak on her latest book at the time, Discipline: The Glad Surrender.  At that time I did not even know who Elisabeth Elliot  was or anything about her famous husband Jim.  Here is a LINK Elisabeth's  background if you are unfamiliar with her story.

I think I have read almost all of her books. Here is a LINK to Amazon.com where here books are listed.   I would recommend any of them to you.  In previous blog posts I did a book study on her classic Let Me Be A Woman.

I was so excited to discover a terrific website that has quite a few of her talks and downloaded them to my iPod Touch.   Sadly, Elisabeth no longer travels or speaks at conferences, but her legacy lives on in her books and audio messages (as well as my memory).   I plan on spending a little time with Elisabeth, now 84, while walking in the mornings or when I'd just like to hear the wisdom of an older godly woman.   :)  If you would like to listen to Elisabeth Elliot yourself,  go to THIS LINK to download or play one or more of her messages.   Her teaching is like fresh water to the soul.


NOTE:  These are not podcasts so if you click the DOWNLOAD icon they will just begin to play. I downloaded them all to iTunes, then created a Playlist titled Elisabeth Elliot, and check-marked  it so that my iPod Touch would recognize the list.  I  then synched my iPod.  

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...