Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Using Leftovers: Homemade Banana Bread

One of my favorite cookbooks is this one:   Use It All The Leftovers Cookbook.   As you can see, it's been well-used.  I picked it up from a yard sale several years ago and really like it.  It alphabetizes basic ingredients and then gives several recipes for using them up when you just have a few of whatever left.  


I like to date and mark up recipes when I use them  in a cookbook so I know whether to make that item again or toss it.   This recipe was first made in 2008 and was a winner.  I see that it makes two loaves which is always a plus since I'm using the oven.   I used fresh ground flour and a little less of the sugar.    Still tastes great. 


It's amazing how you can go from this...


...to this in just one hour!

My husband has been asking for banana bread for a few weeks now (I generally freeze brown bananas for smoothies), so he's going to be happy when he gets home and smells this in the kitchen.... :)






No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...