Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Recipe: Chicken with Paprika Cream from Taste of Home

My goal this week is to cook a couple of new main dishes for my family from cookbooks that I own.  I have quite a few cookbooks that just sit on the shelf that I rarely use.   I found this recipe in  Taste of Home's 2005 annual cookbook  but it is also online at THIS LINK.  I have three of their cookbooks.  I  subscribed to Country Woman Magazine for many years where I was first introduced to the great recipes and the line of magazines published by Reiman Publications.  You can try a free issue of Taste of Home at this link.   

I made this meal [Chicken with Paprika Cream] last night.  From start to finish, it took about 30 minutes.  The paprika cream sauce in this recipe  is delicious.  I served the chicken over rice with iced tea, fresh corn on the cob, broccoli and strawberries.  Mmmm...



Everyone loved it and went back for seconds (one got thirds)...  :)

Very simple using ingredients I usually have on hand. That's my favorite kind of recipe.  Give it a try.  Your family will enjoy it as will any guests in your home.

Chicken With Paprika Cream Recipe


Ingredients

  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves [I used 8]
  • 6 tablespoons butter, divided [I used 2 tbsp)
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil [I used olive oil]
  • 6 green onions, chopped [I used one small Vidalia onion]
  • [I also added a head (not clove) of garlic and a splash of wine while the sauce was simmering]
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 c. wine
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Hot cooked rice
  • Additional chopped green onions, optional



    Directions

    • In a large skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium heat. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken; keep warm.
    • In same skillet, sauté onions until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Add paprika and remaining butter; heat until butter is melted. Stir in cream, salt and pepper, garlic and wine; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes. Serve with chicken over rice. Garnish with onions if desired. Yield: 6 servings.





    No comments:

    Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

    Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...