Thursday, January 22, 2015

Just take the next step -- when there is a bump in the road



Some days start off beautifully and then without warning there's a major bump in the road.   Don't you wish there were a sign like this when you got up in the morning so you would be prepared when that happens?  I could have sure used one today.  Maybe  that is why the Lord prompted me to take this photo. 😊

Of course, in my morning devotion I was reading Isaiah 45. I sat down to read it again this afternoon and realized I should've spent more time on it this morning. 

Is. 45:7 I form light and create darkness,
I make well-being and create calamity,
I am the LORD, who does all these things. 

If He allowed the conflict to happen, then it must be for my good. The other person is also a Christian, so it must be for her good, too. I will rest in that. 

The next step?  Pray, rest and wait.   Start again on Monday.  


1 comment:

Linda said...

Yes, it sure would be nice if days like that came with a warning...then we could be prepared! When Ernie headed to work on January 7, 2010, we never dreamed he would be sent home at 4:00 because "his services were no longer needed" as a Vice President in a company, effective immediately. (And this, two days after an MRI revealed "abnormal cells".) Talk about a conflict, and yes, the president claimed to be a Christian. I was in such shock I could hardly breath. Next step? DEFINITELY PRAY!!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...