Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Exercise Routine : Walking with Leslie Sansone

I rarely make New Year's resolutions but on the morning of January 1, 2013 I decided to start a new regular exercise routine.  I had searched online for  the Power Half Hour but couldn't find any free streaming videos other than a 5-minute demo.  All the young ones are doing the P90X which would put someone my age in the hospital.  While searching, I discovered Leslie Sansone's walking at-home video workouts on YouTube.  I love her!!   These are  perfect exercise routines to do in your own home, from 20-45 minutes because you use all of your muscles.  You're not JUST walking but using your upper body, too.  Leslie's (we're on first-name basis now) personality is perky and friendly... like having your own personal coach.

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone-Walk-Pounds-Minute/dp/B00120ZSGI

I just ordered a book by her from PaperbackSwap titled Eat Smart, Walk Strong.  At this moment there are more copies available so if you belong to PBS you could also order one.  If you don't, PBSwap is a fun way to get new books for just the cost of media mail shipping.  Just click on the tab  in the left sidebar to join.

I have been walking  2 miles 5-6 days a week either inside or outside for 30 minutes.  I did a little research and learned that you burn about 200 calories doing the 30-minute, 2-mile Leslie Sansone workout.  My clothes are already fitting better!  :)

A friend had told me about her several months ago but I had forgotten her name.  I am so glad I  stumbled upon her workouts.  You can also get the DVDs from Netflix or of course, from Amazon as well.  I highly recommend them.

I put colored stars on my calendar to keep me motivated.  I need all the help I can get!!  I also joined a support group on Facebook called Fit for Good hosted by The Happy Housewife.  :)  No need to do this alone so get started!

My exercise calendar





No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...