Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fresh Georgia Peaches My Favorite Summer Fruit

I grew up in Georgia. Augusta, to be specific, and I absolutely LOVE peaches.   They are my favorite summer fruit which I have favored ever since I was a child.  Funny thing is, I never knew you could eat them WITH the skins on until I moved to  Florida.  Right now, they are in season and are delicious.  My husband and I have been shopping at our local Winn Dixie 2x a week to pick up the most flavorful ones (usually Publix has the best fruit, but not in this case).    

I have never cooked peaches but I'm sure a peach pie is very tasty.  We eat them fresh just out of the fruit bowl...


...sliced plain or with cottage cheese or whipped cream



 ...with fresh homemade pound cake (I'll post the recipe later)



...Over breakfast cereal and a variety of other ways.


I think I'll have one for lunch today.  Enjoy this delicious and colorful summer fruit while they're in season.  I do not recommend the imported varieties.  They're really not as good and could have contaminants on the skins.  Always wash before eating especially if you leave the skin on.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yummy! Your peaches would go very well with my blueberries. I just love the summer fruits. Will have to pick some up this weekend!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...