Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 MIDNIGHT PREMIERE JULY 15, 2011


The saga has officially ended.  Unless you live on the moon you know exactly what I'm talking about--the final movie  of  the Harry Potter series premiered last night.  In a previous post I told about my very first midnight premiere for Part 1 back in November.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 2,  was well done, staying with the book's details for the most part, and tying up all the loose ends.  If you haven't read the books or seen the previous movies,  you might not realize what all the loose ends were though.   Good triumphs over evil but at extreme sacrifice for many.    




After a quick run to StarBucks for coffee, I attended this premiere with one of my sons (this was his Mother's Day gift to me) and several of his friends, about a group of 20+.  

Before the movie the theatre played a flashback short of the three child actors and how they have grown up over the last 10 years. Here is A LINK to literally watch them grow.



Some people were dressed in costumes...



Most came as themselves, like we did. :)  I again wore my Hogwarts pin, a souvenir from our Universal Studios / WWofHP outing last year, and carried a Hogwarts scarf that I bought at our church rummage sale last month [selling this on Ebay now]. Unlike last year's premiere in the winter, this was a WARM evening.



A fun night but be sure to take some tissues...enough said about that.


If you're wondering if you and/or your children should see this film or any others in the series, or read the books, here are good reviews  on this movie and the book from Focus on the Family's Plugged In entertainment website for you.   Don't be afraid of these books/movies since they are so much of our popular culture but be informed and DISCUSS them with your children and friends.  It's a fantasy world with lots of magic definitely, but also one of enduring friendship and fighting for what is important.  There are also accurate summaries of all the books on SparkNotes  if you prefer to not tackle seven 800+ page books so late in the summer.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...