Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day



To any dads who are reading this, I hope you are enjoying the day with your child(ren) and they are showing and telling you how much you are loved and appreciated.

For new (and older) dads with sons, pick up the book The Way of the Wild Heart and read it as you are raising your sons.  I have never read a better book on raising boys.  I have five posts on this blog from the book Wild at Heart, but I think its sequel is even better.    The best gift a dad (and mom) can give a son when very young is to make sure he knows that he is a beloved one (read the book to find out why).  

We do not have daughters but from experience as one :)  your daughter also needs to know that she is a beloved child early on.  Our children were raised with Dr. James Dobson's books and advice, so here is a good one for Bringing Up Girls.   You are the first model of the Lord that your child will ever know and play such an important role in his/her development.

I am thankful that our sons  have a kind and generous father who loves them with all of his heart and that they have never had to doubt his love, even for a moment.



Have a great day with your family today!  My two sons have their dad out on an all-day fishing trip, then church and dinner later with all of us.  :)




Psalm 103:13 
Just as a father has compassion on his children, 
So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him. 

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...