Monday, January 31, 2011

Decluttering: One 15-Minute Project at a Time / Linen & Bathroom Closets

Winter Declutter Projects #3 and #4:   I set the timer this time and spent 15 minutes on each of these two projects.  The timer actually makes you work faster.  

Click on the numbers to see Projects #1 and #2.

I remembered to take a BEFORE photo of my linen closet.


And AFTER.


I went right to work on the bathroom closet and didn't take a BEFORE photo.  Here is the partially completed project.  I sorted all the OTC meds and used plastic shoeboxes to contain them.  Extra sprays, soaps, and toiletry items are together now.   There is a section for beach tanning and sunscreen supplies, one for contacts and solutions, herbal supplements, feminine products, and even candles are in there.  Now I'll actually be able to go right to these items when I need them instead of rummaging around!  :)


The floor of the guest bathroom closet has all of my gift wrapping supplies and is a mess.  That is a 30-minute project which I'll try to do later this week.  

In cleaning out both closets, neither of which is very large, I gave away about 10 items, threw away two small trash bags full of stuff and moved 3 things to other rooms of the house.

A little bit at a time... :)


No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...