Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Homemaking: stains in coffee mugs

Every 6 months or so (looks like I waited longer in this photo) I pull out all our well-used coffee mugs and bleach them in water to get that nice, new look again.


Just fill up a tub or your sink with about 1/4 cup of bleach and water.  Put in about 6 mugs at a time and let them soak.    I had to wipe a few of them with a microfiber dish cloth but they cleaned up great.

You could wash them afterwards (to get the bleach smell off) by hand but since the dishwasher was empty, I loaded it up with all the mugs.    I even did our Christmas mugs that were in the china cabinet so they're now ready for the holidays.

Voila!  Clean coffee mugs again!  Take a look at your own mugs and cups and try  this little "treatment".   I'm having ladies over tomorrow and Friday so I wanted to spruce them up a bit.  :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

They look awesome! Good tip!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...