Monday, July 15, 2013

Group Bible study at home

Last Friday I started a small morning ladies Bible study group in our home.  Seven women attended this week, about 12 will come next week--a nice size for a small group study.  I had been putting this off and finally decided to act.   Since I usually do not work on Fridays it fits into my schedule well. As much as I value my time, I can give up one morning a week for a couple of months.   Last summer I had completed a Beth Moore study on the book of James called "Mercy Triumphs".  Excellent study, by the way.   I had purchased the audios at the time and have had them for a year, thinking that one day I would share them.  Last Friday was the day...

We'll meet for 7 weeks + a lunch together, ending the week after Labor Day.  God's perfect timing.

If you have been waiting and pondering about something that the Lord has been nudging you to do, today may be the time...  :)  It doesn't have to be as involved as having a Bible study (but it could be).  Invite a friend or two over for coffee or lunch, grab a Jeremiah's Ice and meet in the park for a visit or prayer, take a walk in the mall with a younger mom and her little one...be creative.

Just looking at this photo of some of the women pouring over their Bibles and writing notes while Beth is speaking, warms my heart.   I have the audios, rather than the videos which I prefer.  We are looking at each other rather than the TV.  :)   Making some coffee, tidying up the house a little, and being available for a few hours one morning a week...why did I wait so long?



Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom.  



1 comment:

Linda said...

Loved that study and good for you taking action! You and the ladies will be blessed and what a wonderful activity for the summer.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...