Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Using your freezer-- fresh broccoli




I like to buy these large bags of broccoli florets from Sam's Club since we eat so much of it.  To keep it from spoiling, I partially cook it all at once and freeze in ziplock bags for later.  Then I can quickly grab a bag of broccoli from the freezer whenever I want it as a side dish or to add to a casserole.  Saves precious time later!  

One large bag of broccoli makes two 2-gallon zip lock bags full of frozen broccoli.

The next step?  When cooking today, cook a bit more and freeze for another meal.  When you will have a time crunch, there is something healthy ready to warm up in no time. 

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...