Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Losing Weight - Celebrate with visual aids

Since my exercising plan began in early November, I've lost 11.8 lbs. plus 2 inches in my waist and 2 inches in my hips.

My exercises of choice?

  • 30 minutes of walking in the mornings [3-4x a week]
  • 30 minutes of walking in the late afternoons [3-4x a week]
  • 20 minutes of 13 weight machines in a FitLinxx circuit + 1 hour of water aerobics at the YMCA [2x a week]
  • 1 hour of Tai Chi [1x a week]--just added last week

I eat everything just not as much of it and limit breads to one meal a day, sometimes two.   That's it.  I even have a small dessert in the evenings.

My doctor was right... just exercise longer, not harder and it is really showing!  I need a visual aid to celebrate, so here's a picture of what I've lost so far... the equivalent of a gallon of milk plus a 3-lb. hand weight! Imagine lugging that around all day every day!   Sigh.  I can't believe that I carried these around on my body [mainly my middle] for so long...

plus



The next step?  Just keep walking, just keep walking...  :)


No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...