Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Amazon Instant Video--Lark Rise to Candleford

If you love British drama, check out this wonderful 4-season series that I just finished on Amazon Prime Instant Video... Lark Rise to Candleford.  Must have a Prime membership to view.

Lark Rise to Candleford


I SO enjoyed each episode.  So much in fact,  that I downloaded the book trilogy onto my Kindle reader to continue the journey.  :)  

Book Description:

At the end of the 19th century, Lark Rise – an isolated hamlet deep in the Oxfordshire countryside – was a rough and ready place, simple in its routines and narrow in outlook. Its people lived by the land, and the village year followed that of nature’s cycle, as it had done for generations. They laboured from dawn till dusk, and would often find themselves on the brink of poverty, yet, for all the hardship, the inhabitants of Lark Rise led a happy life. A country wedding, dancing on the green ‘until dusk fell and the stars came out’, the gathering of cowslips for the May Day garland, the beauty of the ripened cornfields, the Harvest Home feast of hams, plum puddings and beer – such unselfconscious, joyous moments turned their lives into ones of real fulfilment and pleasure...


Update April 2016: I looked for this series again last year and Amazon had removed it from its listings.   It has now appeared AGAIN on Amazon Prime so be sure to watch while it is still available.  I sure am.  :)  You'll so enjoy this one, especially the ladies in the house.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...