Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas! God Bless Us Every One!



These last couple of weeks have really been busy for me -- both personally and in my Ebay store--hence, very little time for blogging. People are shopping like crazy and  I've been shipping packages almost every day.


I baked bread for my neighbor gifts again this week and learned how to make clover rolls as well.   My bread baking as a homemade gift was even mentioned in one of my favorite blogs last week.  :) 


I was again a volunteer pianist  in one of our local hospitals during December.


Our home is decorated, Christmas gifts purchased and almost all of them wrapped and under the tree, food shopping will be done on Friday.     Our older college age son is staying with us for a few days which we love.  We have annual traditions such as Christmas Eve pizza, shaped sugar cookies and church together.   Christmas Day will bring fresh cinnamon rolls, praying together, opening gifts, a special meal (my  husband is grilling this year), and a movie that afternoon  or evening.    We have out of town relatives coming to visit on Dec. 26 (including some little ones!)  so that will be a treat as well.  It's such fun to experience Christmas with little children.  :)

Today I had a  mammogram and sonogram to check out a suspicious spot on one of my breasts and both turned out to be CLEAN.  Praise God--a special Christmas gift indeed.   That shadow had been hanging over us for a few weeks, so we are truly rejoicing with exceeding great joy at the mercy of God in this good news.

Here are a few photos from our holiday activities with friends and family, mostly low-key this year:

















For my friends on Facebook, check out my notes for our annual Christmas letter.  Cards are going out AFTER Christmas this year since our family photo is being taken over the weekend.  This is last year's...


May your Christmas celebrations center on Jesus who was born this day in the city of David so long ago to save us from our sin.  He is the best Gift of all.    [Luke 2]

Merry Christmas!





1 comment:

Susan said...

I made the blog!!! Great day/evening at Hollywood Studios -- thanks again!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...