Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Blossoms and Blooms 2014

After church on Easter Sunday, our family went out to lunch.  The park near the restaurant was bursting with blooms as was the restaurant entrance.


The prettiest sight was on our way home when we passed a church with this gorgeous flowered cross in the front.  Breathtaking.    Don't you just love this?  [Using this for my P52 Week #17 photo, #20.]

Tonya Travelstead P52 Week #17


The significance of the flowers on what was a barren cross, I imagine, is the new life after death and resurrection of Jesus.  What a lovely picture of this truth.


John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; 
he who believes in Me will live even if he dies...

2 comments:

lisa said...

That is truly a lovely site to see! The symbolism is wonderful and I wish you a very blessed Easter season. The restaurant garden area looks like a fabulous place to spend time. What gorgeous flowers!

Mrs. T. said...

Thank you, Lisa. The hanging plants and the red hibiscus were at the restaurant (Cocina's 214) and the others were in the central park about just down the street, as was the church. It really is lovely in the spring.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...