Friday, October 18, 2013

Lessons from the garden

These flowers look pretty from a distance. I see them often on my neighborhood walks. They have even more blossoms in the spring. 
Upon closer inspection there are long, very sharp thorns on the underside.  You definitely do not want to bump your leg against them or trip and fall into these flowers!

Another garden analogy:  how are you--how am I-- on the underside?  Do we just look nice outwardly but have a prickly heart?  Or does the time I spend on my appearance leave little time for renewing my mind and heart in the Word?

Something to ponder...

1Sam. 16:7 ...for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wonderful analogy...those are some wicked hidden thorns!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...