Friday, June 12, 2015

Healthy freezer batch cooking

I hate to waste food. Whenever I buy a large quantity of broccoli from Sam's Club, I like to partially cook it all at once and freeze it soon before it goes bad.

15 to 20 minutes and you have enough broccoli prepared for probably 5 to 6 meals or recipes. I partially cook batches of broccoli for three minutes in the microwave in a pampered chef steamer. One large bag of broccoli equals five steamer batches.  

Let it cool for about 20 minutes and then put in the freezer. Simple and easy and makes dinner prep another day much faster since the vegetable is already partially cooked. 




No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...